Monday, March 19, 2018

Busy Busy Busy

It's been quite the insane couple of months. My workload absolutely blew up, and I've been putting in close to 50 hours a week just to keep up with everything, and even that's still a challenge. Add in my responsibilities around the house, and spending quality time with my wife and kids. So, naturally, two of my passions, wrestling and writing, have been put on the back burner over the last month. My wrestling watching and reviewing has been limited to between the hours of 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM. I haven't even been keeping up with the podcasts that I like.

Things finally seem to have leveled out, although since it's Monday, we'll see how today goes. So, I'm hoping to get some free time and crank out some stuff. Here's what I'd like to accomplish, ideally before the end of March:

- Finish the NJPW 01/28 show (where Cody turns on Kenny)
- Another Retro Reading for Bob's site
- The new Kayfabe Commentaries Release that drops on 03/27 (depending on how fast WWN makes it available).

Speaking of podcasts, I highly recommend checking out the IcoPod, Bob and Austin are doing some great stuff. I've been talking with Bob about doing something with them at some point, and being able to add an old man's perspective, from someone who actually remembers when this stuff was going on.

In other news, I'm absolutely loving New Mexico. I keep hearing from all my old friends back east about blizzards and snowstorms, and how Mike closed the taproom early one day in preparation for a big storm. And, here it's sunny and in the 60's. We've had several "high wind" warnings, which basically mean that it's not a good day to do yard work, and that it's a good day to fly a kite. My Chicago Bears have been tearing things up during the off season, so I can get exited for September.

Have you ever watched a match so bad that it hurt your feelings? Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly from Supercard of Honor X did that to me.

Does anyone remember Memphis mainstay and WWF TV jobber Ken Raper? How did nobody suggest that he use a different ring name? And, if he was around in 1998-99 WWF or 1999-01 you just now that idiot Russo would have given him a nickname like "Consensual Kenny."

No comments:

Post a Comment