I wouldn't say I forgot. I like to think that my brain just blocked it out.
GWN also sent me the form email letting me know that they're aware of "issues" with the Roku app and that it will be fixed over the course of later updates.
TNA PPV #14
- Truth cut the mother of all promos on BG James!
- The NWA Tag Titles match being a tables match somewhat makes up for the copout last week with the table not getting used.
- Jerry Lynn's awful song is just a loop of the phrase "Born and Raised in the USA"
- Styles winning the #1 Contender's Match tells me the Styles/Lynn feud will continue.
- Styles goofing around during his interview was reminiscent of the Shawn and HHH when DX was first formed. I wonder why, bro?
- This Brian Lawler and his girlfriend storyline is fucking stupid!
- I have to admit, Sara Lee beating on Bruce with the umbrella made me laugh.
- It's nice to see Lynn get his win back over Truth to defend the X-Division Title, but was the interference from Low Ki necessary? How about Truth tries to cheat and it backfires?
- "Head of Security" Don Harris needs better screening for the guys he hires. They all get beaten up by the wrestlers.
- Elix Skipper is an awfully random partner for Brian, after he was teaming up with Disco the week before. Although, it's an improvement in the workrate dept.
- Jorge Estrada actually looked really good in his match with Kid Kash. I'm impressed.
- GWN is also censoring crowd signs! The offensive word in questions seems to be "Gay" based on a camera shot where the sign was visible off to the side. Really, Anthem?
- It's nice of TNA to promote other NWA indys and where their guys are going to be. But, do they really need to tell the whole country that AJ Styles will be at the West Virginia County Fair?
- Overall, this is the first time it feels like storylines are progressing. There are viable title programs for the Tag Titles and the X Title. This Jarrett and friends vs. Hall and friends feud keeps Jarrett busy and away from the NWA Title picture. I'm sure Estrada vs. Siaki will happen in a week or two.
TNA PPV #15
- The visibile signs this week include "Bruce Swallows" and "Jeff Jarrett Has No Penis" - but the word "Gay" is unacceptable on this app!
- Elix Skipper doesn't have the voice for color commentary, but his worrying about what he's going to tell his wife when he comes home empty handed (for being taken out of the main event) was funny.
- It's one thing for Jarrett or Ron Harris to beat up all the TNA security guys. But, Elix Skipper can even whoop them all?
- - Nothing says "National Powerhouse" promotion more than a promo being cut in the shitter. Complete with the cameraman visible in the reflection of the mirror and a Koala Kare Baby Changing Station in the shot.
- Truth beats Low Ki and is jumped by a guy in white pants, a white hoodie, and a white ski mask. Did nobody think that a guy in all white attacking a black man might not be the most tasteful idea?
- SAT vs. Elvises to decide the next tag title challengers is OK with me. Even if it delays the inevitable Siaki/Estrada blowoff.
- Ron Harris is the new Cactus Jack, losing tag team matches and beating up his partners. Although it would help if he wasn't teamed up with someone that we'd never seen before.
- David Young looked amazing. Why bring him back all new and improved just to job him out? Siaki had already made his presence known on the show. Shit, they could have thrown one of Heavy D's useless security guys in some tights and had him go out for six minutes to let Young show his stuff.
- It's nice to see the screwed over babyface get some justice for a change, when Bullet Bob gives Jerry the X Title back. But, it screws the fans who paid for this show to have the match negated and then told to pay for it next week.
- So, after all the shenanigans during the main event, Jarrett's group of friends include Truth, Skipper, and Lawler, which is still one too many to feud with Hall, Syxx, and BG. I think Skipper will be getting the short end of the stick again.