Monday, July 24, 2017

Nine outa Ten

After I finished the NJ Dominion show, and updated my top ten list, I realized that my top ten list is 9/10 matches from this year, between ROH, EVOLVE, and New Japan, with Adam Cole (Bay Bay) vs. Michael Elgin from 2013 being the odd one out.  That tells me two things.

1. 2017 has been a great year for wrestling: That's a hard point to argue, and I've barely scratched the surface with the little bit that I've reviewed this year.

2. I need to hold off on current stuff for a bit: I've made a concentrated effort to stay current, especially with so much stuff getting praised from this year, and I'm certainly not complaining about watching so much good wrestling. But, part of having my own site is being to watch and review what I want, when I want, and I like to have a nice variety.

So, at least the next couple of updates will be shows from before 2017. If I can find the discs, the January 2014 NOAH show with the Morishima/KENTA GHC Title change will be next, I also want to review the ROH "A New Dawn" show from 2013 to continue following Cole's first ROH Title run, and or the PWG All-Star Weekend 12, with the Sabre/Strong PWG Title change.


No comments:

Post a Comment